Amid Coronavirus Pandemic, the Govt. of India, is continuously trying to overcome the effects and panic caused by the Corona Virus. To make India Corona Free, or to diminish its effects, it is essential to track the positive corona patients from all the areas and provide the necessary medical aid. To achieve this goal, on April 1, 2020, Govt. of India launched a location-based contact tracking Aarogya Setu app.
This App is developed by the Ministry of Electronics and IT to detect and track the movement of citizens, via Bluetooth and GPS. Aarogya Seetu App is an essential tool in identifying high-risk zones, and soon it will be used as an e-pass to facilitate travel from one place to another. The App has reached 50 million downloads since its launch, and it has become the #1 Top Free App with the fastest ever global mark.
The app is available in 11 different languages, and you can download it from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Before you download Aarogya Setu app, we would like to share some important things about the app. Let us start with Aarogya Setu app benefits.
Aarogya Setu App Benefits & Features
- Aarogya Setu app download and installation process is quick and easy. The app is officially available for the both Android and iOS devices. Once downloaded, it’ll show details like this:
- Clean and sharp homepage with pictorial representation. Check out the below-given screenshot.
- To make it user-friendly, the App is available in multi-languages like Hindi, English, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, etc. Below is a screenshot of languages available in the app.
- The app provides you self-assessment tests and safety tips to prevent from COVID-19. Here’s how it looks like:
- The app will be crucial for India to fight against Corona Virus, as the app will provide the data of infected people and possible hotspot areas. At the end, you can see Epass and FAQs. Feel free to read the FAQs to clear your doubts.
Drawbacks of the App
- The app will track you all the time through Location sharing and Bluetooth, which will drain your phone’s battery rapidly.
- The app will only be useful if people will fill their details accurately in the self-assessment tests. Chances are less that infected people will fill their right information as many people are panic to get detected positive.
Aarogya Setu App Download (APK)
How to Use Aarogya Setu App?
Step 1) After installing the App from Google Play Store or Apple App Store, You have to log in to it with your mobile number.
Step 2) One time password (OTP) will generate on your number for verification.
Step 3) Allow it to access your GPS and Bluetooth, and then choose your gender from the given options.
Step 4) Enter your details like Full name, Age, Profession, Foreign Travel History of the past 30 days.
Step 5) Answer the 20 seconds self-assessment test to check your health status.
Step 6) Based on your details, the App will interact with other smartphones near around you, and alert you if a corona positive patient will be around you.
How Does Aarogya Setu App Works?
The App will use your GPS, Bluetooth, and provided details to check whether you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or not. Based on the details of the Self-assessment test, the App will display the risk level in green and yellow color code. Green color code shows that you are in a safe area, and there is no coronavirus infected person around you. If the App shows a yellow color, that means “You are at high risk,” and you need to contact medical staff immediately.
So, the App will access your personal details, your location, and your Bluetooth to determine whether you are in a safe zone or not. Not only this, but the App will also suggest you the precautions to prevent the spreading of coronavirus like Social Distancing, Personal Hygiene, etc.
Press Trust of India further confirms that Aarogya App will soon be used as an e-pass to facilitate the necessary travel from one place to another. As the App will receive your location and Bluetooth data, it will alert you if you enter into the high-risk zone of coronavirus, which also helps the Government to identify the possible hotspots of the COVID-19.
Also, Tata Consultancy Services, Tech Mahindra, and the Mahindra Group are working on the App in collaboration with GOI to provide the latest technology like Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, etc. After the PM Modi’s latest speech, people start downloading this App aggressively, and it can help India to fight against Corona Virus.
Data Privacy Concerns in Aarogya Setu App
- The Data collected by the App will be saved on a secure server of the govt. And will only be used and managed by the Indian govt.
- No other third party will be able to access any data collected by Aarogya Setu App.
- Data from each individual will be hashed with a unique DiD (Digital Id), and all the app-related transactions will be done through that unique DiD. In this way, the app will maintain the anonymity of the user.
- When the two mobile phones are nearby of each other, only their DiD will be shared with each other. If anyone who registered on the app tests positive for COVID-19, its data will be uploaded on govt. server to provide medical aid and other essential services.
- If the user’s status is yellow, the data will be collected from his/her app every 15 minutes. Whereas, the data from the users with green status will not be uploaded on the server.
- All the data that will be collected but not uploaded on the server will be removed from the app in 30 days (for people tested negative for COVID-19), while Data of positive cases will upload on the server and removed after 60 days when they are cured.
FAQs Regarding Aarogya Setu App Downlaod
1. How to download Aarogya Setu app?
The Govt of India has launched this app for both the platforms (Android and iOS) and it can be downloaded from the App store or Play Store.
2. Is it safe to use the Aarogya Setu application?
3. How to use Aarogya Setu app?
We have explained it step by step in the article. All you need is to follow the guide and you will be able to learn how to use it.
It May Interests you:
- Best Online English Classes For Free to Learn English in Quarantine
- Best Online Fitness Classes to Learn Workouts in Quarantine
The post Aarogya Setu App Download for Android & iOS – Benefits, Drawbacks & Usage appeared first on Binge Post.